Weathermap 0.98 on Cacti 0.8.8f with Ubuntu xenial

Hi,
I am trying without any success to install the WM plugin.
I have ran the checks from the command line and the webpage and both are good but when I click the link to install the plugin I get a page error and nothing happens, see error below.

Am I running a supported set of versions?

Many thanks

Lee

Apache error log shows:
[Fri Sep 22 09:06:19.292325 2017] [php7:error] [pid 37493] [client 10.36.8.19:65486] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mysql_query() in /usr/local/share/cacti/plugins/weathermap/setup.php:295\nStack trace:\n#0 /usr/local/share/cacti/plugins/weathermap/setup.php(31): weathermap_setup_table()\n#1 /usr/share/cacti/site/lib/plugins.php(274): plugin_weathermap_install()\n#2 /usr/share/cacti/site/plugins.php(70): api_plugin_install(‘weathermap’)\n#3 {main}\n thrown in /usr/local/share/cacti/plugins/weathermap/setup.php on line 295, referer: http://10.33.5.2/cacti/plugins.php

No one?

Would I be better off with the ver 1 of Weathermap?

Is this with PHP 7?

I think you are stuck waiting for 1.0, unless you want to roll back to PHP 5.6 for now… PHP 7 removed the mysql_xxx functions. Weathermap 1.0 uses PDO instead (the ‘new’ way for some years), but even on Cacti 0.8.8 I think you will have problems using it from the dev version.

thanks howie,
I am stuck with PHP 7.

I found a version of WM0.98 that had been reworked around PHP7 and I have got that working.
Looking forward to the V1.

thank you